With the activity, you can enjoy Lake Shikotsu which is one of the clearest lakes in the world.
Lake Shikotsu, the second deepest lake in Japan is located about 60 minutes drive away from Sapporo city, and about 40 minutes drive away from New Chitose Airport. It's surrounded by mountains at an altitude of 1,000 m such as Mt. Eniwa, Mt. Fuppushi, Mt. Tarumae. The caldera lake is about 40 km in circumference and the northernmost non-freezing lake in Japan. Even though it's surrounded by mountains, there is a hot spring area on the east side of the lake, and the road extends from there along the shore of the lake, so you can enjoy a lakeside drive with the spectacular scenery. Lake Shikotsu offers a variety of activities, and we particularly recommend the “Clear kayak”that enables you to fully enjoy the inside of “Lake Shikotsu” which is one of the clearest lakes in the world. The bottom of the clear kayak is transparent, and you can observe the underwater such as 10 meters long driftwood lying on the bottom of the lake, swaying aquatic plants, and sometimes you can even see fish swimming vigorously! When the conditions are met, its transparency can reach 50 m. The guide will explain about the nature and creatures around Lake Shikotsu from various angles. Aquatic plants grow thick around Chitose River where the kayak departs, and many creatures such as fish and shrimps can be observed. You can enjoy the different tastes of each season all the year round with this clear kayak. You can enjoy it without feeling cold by wearing a dry suit in winter!
Lake Shikotsu Clear kayak
- 【Address】Bangaichi, Shikotsukonsen，Chitose-shi, Hokkaido(Ocean days)
- 【Business Hours】9:00 am to 5:00 pm (July to mid-October), regarding our business hours other than the left one, please contact us for inquiry as it will change depending on the time of year.
- 【Fee Admission】7,000 yen ~ (reservation required)
- 【Official website】https://ocean-days.com/
- 【Notes】(mail) firstname.lastname@example.org