8,800 roses and rugosa roses, across 630 varieties or so, bloom in succession from early summer till autumn.
The 40,000 square metre plot is filled with organically grown roses and rugosa roses of many varieties. The best times to view them are twice per year, from mid-June to mid-July, and from mid-September to mid-October, and in autumn, the autumn leaves on the mountain make them all the more beautiful. The repeated blossoming of the shrub roses, hybrid musk roses and floribunda roses make up the Welcome Rose Garden, while hybrid tea roses and grandiflora roses are the centrepiece of the Formed Rose Garden, and the slopes of the mountain also have the Rugosa Rose Hill, where rugosa rose varieties from all over Hokkaido are grown. Depending on the variety, the blossoming timing differs, so you’ll see different sides of the garden depending on when you visit.
Iwamizawa Rose Park
- 【Address】794 Shibunchō，Iwamizawa
- 【Business Period】Late April to early November (times to view the roses are mid-June to mid-July, and mid-September to mid-October)
- 【Business Hours】9:00-17:00 * May change according to seasons and events being held.
- 【Fee Admission】Indoor park/100 yen for each high school student or older, 50 yen per primary or middle school student * Rose garden is free
- 【Parking Lot】Available for 250 ordinary cars * Large bus parking space available.
- 【Access】About 5 minutes by car from Iwamizawa IC
- 【Official website】http://www.iwamizawa-park.com/
- 【Contact Us】0126-25-6111 (Indoor Park「Color Museum」)
- 【Map Code】803 244 807*13